November 9, 2018
Interns: Benefit your Company by Mentoring the Next Generation of Professionals
Holiday Inn–Round Rock, 2370 Chisholm Trail, Round Rock, TX 78681
Registration, Networking, Lunch: 11:15 AM – 12 PM
Luncheon presentation 12:00 – 1:00 pm with Deeper Dive 1:15– 2:15 PM
The first 5 Students to register will receive a comped Deeper Dive!
Do you remember your first mentor at work? How did that person help you in your career? Are you ready to be that mentor or would you like to help develop your managers be mentors? In today’s tight and inclusive labor market, we need to look closely at the role of interns and internships.
During this session, participants will learn about:
- · Learn the Why? What? and How? of bringing on an HR intern
- · Why would you want to bring on an intern?
- · What are the legalities and liabilities of bringing on an intern?
- · How will you find just the right person who will be a “perfect fit?”
During this session, both HR participants and students will take an active role:
· The students will distribute their resumes and then present themselves to the group.
· The participants would critique the student’s presentation and resume (based on criteria for evaluating entry -level job candidates) and provide feedback in small group setting.
· Participants who are seeking to fill an internship positions are encouraged to talk with students
About the Presenter:
Scholley Bubenik is the owner of Premier HR Solutions, a recruiting and consulting firm in Austin Texas. Scholley has over 20 years of HR Leadership experience working with companies developing and implementing strategies that attract and retain top talent in a competitive job market. She has a Master’s Degree in Human Resource Leadership from the University of Texas and the author of “People Power, An Entrepreneur’s Guide to Managing the Human Capital”, which will be released October 2018. Scholley is the Program Director of the Ethics in Business & Community Program in the Greater Austin area. Scholley has presented on a variety of human resource strategic initiatives and recruiting and hiring practices at multiple SHRM chapter events meetings and conferences-(Williamson County HR Association, Central Texas HR Association and Austin HR Managers Association), Concordia University and various municipals throughout central Texas.
A SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS
This program submitted for 1 (General) recertification credit hour and 1 (Business) toward California, GPHR, HRBP, HRMP, PHR, and SPHR recertification through the HRCI (HR Certification Institute.) and for SHRM (Society for Human Resources Management)